Registration Deadline: The voter registration deadline is generally 28 days before the election. Specific election dates and registration deadlines are available here.
Party Affiliation: Georgia has an open primary system; it is not necessary to be registered with the party to vote in primary elections.
VOTER REGISTRATION QUALIFICATIONS
Age: At least 17 1/2 years old to register and 18 to vote
Citizenship: Must be a United States citizen
Residency: Must be a legal resident of the county in which you wish to vote
Mental Competency: Have not been found mentally incompetent by a judge
Felony Convictions: Not be serving a sentence for conviction of a felony involving moral turpitude
- Any valid state or federal government issued photo ID, including a FREE Voter ID Card issued by your county registrar's office or the Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS)
- A Georgia Driver's License, even if expired
- Valid employee photo ID from any branch, department, agency, or entity of the U.S. Government, Georgia, or any county, municipality, board, authority or other entity of this state
- Valid U.S. passport ID
- Valid U.S. military photo ID
- Valid tribal photo ID
To receive a voter identification card, the voter must provide:
- A photo identity document or approved non-photo identity document that includes full legal name and date of birth
- Documentation showing the voter's date of birth
- Evidence that the applicant is a registered voter
- Documentation showing the applicant's name and residential address
OBTAINING A VOTER REGISTRATION FORM
By mail/ in writing: Download a form and mail it to the Secretary of State(address found on form).
VERIFYING YOUR VOTER REGISTRATION STATUS
Online: Verify your registration online.
ABSENTEE BALLOT QUALIFICATIONS
Who can vote absentee: Any registered Georgia voter may vote by absentee ballot.
OBTAINING AN ABSENTEE BALLOT
Online: Obtain form online.
Early voting qualifications: Early voting is the same as absentee in person voting and requires no further registration nor qualifications.
Other information for early voting: As Election Day approaches, your county may have multiple early voting sites and even extended hours. Voting times and locations for your precinct are available here.
Verifying Registration: Georgia online voter registration verification.
Deciding how to vote: http://www.votesmart.org/
Problems with voting: Georgia voter complaint form
Verifying provisional ballot status: Use Georgia's "My Voter Page" to check your ballot status.
Verifying absentee ballot status: Use Georgia's "My Voter Page"