Registration Deadline: Registration closes 29 days prior to election day. If the form is submitted by mail, the form must be received by the County Recorder no later than 5 days after the last day to register to vote in that election or be postmarked 29 days or more before an election and received by the County Recorder by 7pm election day.
Party Affiliation: Arizona has an open primary law which allows any voter who is registered as independent to cast a ballot for one of the officially recognized political parties.
VOTER REGISTRATION QUALIFICATIONS
Age: Must be 18 years of age or more on or before the day of the next regular General Election
Citizenship: Must be a United States Citizen
Residency: Must be a resident of Arizona and the county listed on your registration
Mental Competency: Must not be adjudicated incapacitated by a court of law
Felony Convictions: Must not be a convicted felon, unless your civil rights have been formally restored
ID Requirements: You must submit proof of citizenship when registering to vote. An Arizona driver license or nonoperating identification license is acceptable. If you do not have either of these, any of the following documents are acceptable for establishing your citizenship:
- A legible photocopy of a birth certificate that verifies citizenship and supporting legal documentation (i.e. marriage certificate) if the name on the birth certificate is not the same as your current legal name
- A legible photocopy of the pertinent pages of your passport
- Presentation to the County Recorder of U.S. naturalization documents or your Alien Registration Number
- Your Indian Census Number, Bureau of Indian Affairs Card Number, Tribal Treaty Card Number, or Tribal Enrollment Number
- A legible photocopy of your Tribal Certificate of Indian Blood or Tribal or Bureau of Indian Affairs Affidavit of Birth.
If you need to include a photocopy of proof of citizenship, please fold the proof along with the voter registration form and place both items in an envelope and mail them to your County Recorder. Do not send original documents. Photocopies will not be returned to you.
OBTAINING A VOTER REGISTRATION FORM
Online: Arizona EZ Voter Online Registration
By mail/ in writing: You can either print off a form online or request that a registration form be mailed to you from your County Recorder. After completing the voter registration form, mail it to your county recorder’s office.
In person: Obtain and complete an Arizona Voter Registration form from your County Recorder’s Office
PERMANENT EARLY VOTING LIST QUALIFICATIONS
Who can vote early: No excuse required to sign up for permanent early voting.
OBTAINING AN EARLY VOTING BALLOT
Online: you can log in to Service Arizona and complete this request online.
By mail: Check the “yes” box in box 1 of the registration form to be registered for permanent early voting
In person: Visit your County's Recorder or Election Office.
Military and overseas voting: For information on military and overseas voters click here.
Absentee qualifications: Early voting and absentee voting are interchangeable terms in AZ; refer to early voting policies.
Verifying Registration: To verify your voter registration status, contact your county recorder or elections office or verify your voter registration online.
Deciding how to vote: https://votesmart.org/
Polling Place: Polling place locator
ID Requirements: When you arrive at the polling place you are required to present one form of identification from list #1 or two different forms of identification from list 2 or 3.
- Valid Arizona driver license
- Valid Arizona nonoperating identification card
- Tribal enrollment card or other form of tribal identification
- Valid United States federal, state, or local government issued identification
- Utility bill of the elector that is dated within 90 days of the date of the election. A utility bill may be for electric, gas, water, solid waste, sewer, telephone, cellular phone, or cable television
- Bank or credit union statement that is dated within 90 days of the date of the election
- Valid Arizona Vehicle Registration
- Indian census card
- Property tax statement of the elector's residence
- Tribal enrollment card or other form of tribal identification Arizona vehicle insurance card
- Recorder's Certificate
- Valid United States federal, state, or local government issued identification, including a voter registration card issued by the County Recorder
- Any mailing to the elector marked “Official Election Material”
- Any valid photo identification from List 1 in which the address does not reasonably match the precinct register accompanied by a non-photo identification from List 2 in which the address does reasonably match the precinct register
- U.S. Passport without address and one valid item from List 2
- U.S. Military identification without address and one valid item from List 2
Problems with voting: Voter Complaint form or Call 602-542-8683 or 1-877-THE-VOTE
Verifying provisional ballot status: Provisional ballot status
Verifying Early Ballot Status: Early ballot Search