or Login to see your representatives.

Access Candidates' and Representatives' Biographies, Voting Records, Interest Group Ratings, Issue Positions, Public Statements, and Campaign Finances

Simply enter your zip code above to get to all of your candidates and representatives, or enter a name. Then, just click on the person you are interested in, and you can navigate to the categories of information we track for them.


Registration Deadline: The deadline for voter registration is 29 days before Election Day.

Party Affiliation: On the Primary election day, voters affiliated with a major party may cast a ballot for those candidates of that party. If there is a minor party contest for an office those affiliated with that minor party may cast a ballot for those candidates. Unaffiliated electors may declare affiliation with one of the major or minor parties and cast that party's ballot.


Age: Must be 18 (or will be by the date of the next election)

Citizenship: Must be a United States citizen

Residency: The principal or primary home of a citizen being their residence, their residence must reside in Colorado in order to register to vote.

Felony Convictions: Are not serving a sentence of confinement, detention, or parole for a felony conviction. For more information see the Voting and Conviction FAQ.

ID Requirements: All registering voters need one of the following:
 -A Colorado driver's license or Colorado ID card
 -The last four digits of your Social Security number if and only if you do not possess a Colorado driver's license or Colorado ID


Online: Colorado Online Voter Registration or download a printable form
In person:
Voter registration is also offered at:
    - A Colorado Department of Motor Vehicle office when you apply for a driver's license, or update your driver's license information.
    - All offices that provide public assistance; offices that provide state funded programs primarily engaged in providing services to persons with disabilities.
    - Recruitment offices of the armed forces of the United States.
    - Any federal, state local government, or non government office that chooses to provide voter registration service or applications.  

By mail/ in writing: Printable voter registration forms are available on the Secretary of State's web site, county clerk and recorder offices, and any federal post office that provided voter registration applications. You may mail, fax, or scan and email your complete and signed form to your county clerk and recorder’s office. Mailed forms also accepted at the Colorado Department of State Elections
   Colorado Department of State Elections Division
   1700 Broadway, Suite 200
   Denver, CO 80290

By fax: Contact your local county election office.

Other Voter Registration Application Information: If you have already registered to vote, you do not need to register again. However, if you moved prior to the registration deadline, you will need to update your voter registration and vote in the precinct for your new residence.  Colorado electors may now update their voter registration records, including address information, online at http://www.govotecolorado.com/.   


Online: Colorado Online Voter Registration Verification

Phone: Contact your local county recorder.


Who can vote absentee:
Colorado citizens who are either temporarily or permanently overseas and all active military personnel who are absent from Colorado, including their spouses and voting age dependents, are eligible to vote by mail under the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens and Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) and Colorado law.

Other absentee voter qualifications: 
Voters may also vote by mail-in ballots with no restrictions. Voters may check a box when initially registering or fill a mail-in ballot request form.


Online: If not a military or overseas voter you can request a mail-in ballot or sign up for a mail-in ballot when registering. 

In person: If you prefer, you may also submit a Federal Post Card Application or Standard Form 76 (FPCA) to your county clerk and recorder. The FPCA is a universal form used for both voter registration and absentee requests. The FPCA is available on the Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) website at: http://www.fvap.gov/FPCA/fpca-co.html.

By mail: If you prefer, you may also submit a Federal Post Card Application or Standard Form 76 (FPCA) to your county clerk and recorder. The FPCA is a universal form used for both voter registration and absentee requests. The FPCA is available on the Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) website at: http://www.fvap.gov/FPCA/fpca-co.html.

Military and oversees voting: As a military or overseas voter with a Colorado driver's license or identification card you can use the online voter registration portal to register to voter, request a ballot and update your registration information. The online form will allow you to indicate your military or overseas classification and your ballot transmission preference. Complete UOCAVA Guide

Emergency Voting:
The law (C.R.S. 1-2-217.5) allows an individual to register using an emergency registration so long as:
    - the voter was registered to vote in a different county
    - the voter failed to register in their new county within the limits of the law
    - the voter can provide the name, date, and location where they registered using a third party; or
    - the voter registered by Federal postcard or mail registration, which includes voter registration drives.
If a voter chooses to emergency register they must under oath state they have completed all the requirements described in Colorado law. If the emergency requirements are not met at the time of registration then the voter would receive a provisional ballot to vote.
Every elector is allowed to register and vote only once. If you do emergency register, bring your ID to the polling place. 

Other absentee ballot information: See the mail-in ballot FAQ.


Location and time: Your ballot must be received by your county elections office no later than 7:00 p.m. on Election Day unless you are a uniformed service member serving outside of the U.S. All mail-in ballots cast by uniformed service members serving outside of the U.S. must be voted and mailed or transmitted by 7:00 p.m. on Election Day. These ballots must be received by the county elections office no later than the close of business on the 8th day after Election Day. This also applies to spouses and voting age dependents who are overseas because of the active duty of the service member.

Other absentee ballot submission information: All military and overseas electors may request to receive and return their ballot by fax. If you would like to receive your ballot by fax, be sure to provide your county elections office with a complete fax number, including the international prefix and country code. You should also provide an email address or other contact information where your county may contact you regarding your request.
It is important to note that if you choose to return your voted ballot by fax, you must voluntarily waive your right to a secret ballot.


Early voting qualifications: Early voting is available and no excuse is required. For information on early voting locations, please contact your County Clerk and Recorder for more information


Verifying Registration: Colorado online voter registration verification or contact your local county clerks 

Deciding how to vote: http://www.votesmart.org/

Time off to vote: Employees who have 3 or more non-work hours available during the hours polls are open (typically 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.) on election day are not entitled to time off to vote. Upon prior request (before election day) by the employee, employers must provide up to 2 hours of paid time off to vote if the employee does not have 3 or more non-work hours between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.

Polling Place: Contact your county elections office

ID Requirement: 
All voters who vote at the polls must provide identification. If you are voting by mail for the first time, you may also need to provide a photocopy of your identification.
The following are acceptable forms of identification:
 - A valid Colorado driver’s license;
 - A valid identification card issued by the Department of Revenue in accordance with the requirements of Part 3 of Article 2 of Title 42, C.R.S.;
 - A valid U.S. passport;
 - A valid employee identification card with a photograph of the eligible elector issued by any branch, department, agency, or entity of the United States government or of this state,
     or by any county, municipality, board, authority, or other political subdivision of this state;
 - A valid pilot’s license issued by the federal aviation administration or other authorized agency of the United States;
 - A valid U.S. military identification card with a photograph of the eligible elector;
 - A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows the name and address of the elector. For example:
     - A cable bill or telephone bill,
     - Documentation from a public institution of higher education in Colorado containing at least the name, date of birth, and legal residence address of the student elector,
     - A paycheck from a government institution or private company,
     - A Certificate of Degree of Indian or Alaskan Native Blood, or
     - A valid identification card issued by a federally recognized tribal government certifying tribal membership.
 - A valid Medicare or Medicaid card issued by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (formerly the United States Health Care Financing Administration);
 - A certified copy of a U.S. birth certificate for the elector issued in the United States;
 - Certified documentation of naturalization; or
 - A valid student identification card with a photograph of the eligible elector issued by an institute of higher education in Colorado, as defined in section 23-3.1-102(5), C.R.S.
 - PLEASE NOTE, a Social Security number (or last four digits) is not a legal form of identification for voting in person. Additionally, if any form of identification listed below shows your address, that address must be in the state of Colorado to be valid. 

How to Vote:
 Ballots measured by:
  - optical scan
  - DRE
  - paper ballots 

Problems with voting: File a HAVA Complaint or for more resources to solve voting problems click here.

Verifying provisional ballot status: The election judge will give you a receipt when you cast a provisional ballot. This receipt provides information on how you may determine the status of
your provisional ballot

Verifying absentee ballot status: Colorado absentee ballot verification 

Back to top