* Discussed legislative proposals intended to address flaws in federal job training policies during a Higher Education & Workforce Training Subcommittee hearing.
* Attended an Education & Workforce Committee hearing to address how schools prepare and recover from threats of violence in the wake of the Sandy Hook Elementary tragedy.
* Looked at the ways to reform the federal information technology acquisition program, an $80 billion a year enterprise marked by waste and duplication, during a hearing held by the Oversight & Government Reform Committee.
* Attended a Federal Workforce Subcommittee hearing to look into why billions of taxpayer dollars are being spent annually on federal employee conferences and what new policies may be required to save taxpayer dollars.
* Received the American Conservative Union Congressional Ratings Award for voting record in the 112th Congress to limit government, promote prosperity and individual freedom, and defend traditional values.
* Received the American Motorcyclist Associations "Supporter" award for efforts to support motorcyclists and motorcycling.
Need to Know:
* The 2013 Congressional art competition for High School students has begun! The winner's artwork will be displayed in the tunnel to the U.S. Capitol for a year.