The United States is mired in the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression, with more than 20 million Americans who are unemployed, underemployed, or who have stopped looking for work. President Obama has neglected the fundamental tasks of creating jobs and growing our economy. Instead, he's focused his efforts on an anti-jobs, anti-growth agenda that has significantly expanded the role of the federal government. His actions have only succeeded in creating more of the uncertainty and obstacles to investment that threaten the economic vitality of our nation.
Mitt Romney has the experience and know-how to create jobs and help businesses grow. He spent over twenty-five years in the private sector, building businesses and creating jobs. Elected Governor of Massachusetts during an economic slump, Mitt Romney fought hard to make his state job-friendly and business competitive.
Over the course of this campaign, Mitt will lay out a detailed plan for what he will do as President to jump-start economic growth and help create jobs. His plan will be based on the following principles:
* Right-size government by cutting spending, repealing Obamacare, and ending wasteful programs
* Make American businesses competitive in the global economy
* Open markets abroad, on fair terms, for American goods and services
* Ensure energy security and independence for America
* Train and prepare American workers for the jobs of today and tomorrow