For more than a decade, Klein investigations and reports have shed light on the unsanitary and unscrupulous practices that put the health and prosperity of millions of New Yorkers at risk every year. His efforts to put consumer health, safety and welfare first include:
* Fighting HMO practices that restrict access to the best brand name drugs for an illness or specific condition.
* Creating a statewide restaurant letter grade system, making restaurants post results of most recent health inspection in front window.
* Requiring supermarkets to post their most recent inspection results and unveiling annual list of most unsanitary supermarkets.
* Authored New York State's "DO NOT CALL" registry.
* Highlighting dozens of common financial scams and frauds perpetrated every year -- involving everything from home improvements to lottery winnings -- in order to protect New Yorkers from being taken for a ride.