* I believe that legislators have a responsibility to put Alaska's energy capabilities to work for Alaskans.
* I will fight to sustain programs like the Renewable Energy Grant Fund that provide relief to Alaskans who want to make their homes energy efficient.
* I believe that Alaskans deserve fair access to their natural resources. Our economy cannot function effectively if we are crippled by the strangling cost of basic utilities.
* I will support legislation to prevent unethical gas price manipulation in Alaska.
* I believe that long-term, a large-diameter gas line represents our best chance at preserving our future economy while minimizing the threat to our environment. A successful Alaskan economy in the twenty-first century will require us to develop all of our energy resources as effectively as possible.
* I will work for new oil in the pipeline and a new gas pipeline to Valdez. Particularly by using targeted incentive measures, we can strengthen our primary industry and establish a private-public partnership for gas line construction.