U.S. Senate candidate David Dewhurst today released an economic plan to grow our nation's economy and reduce the size, scope and spending of the federal government. Dewhurst unveiled the plan at a small business roundtable with local business owners in Dallas this morning.
"Our economy is on the edge of a cliff," said David Dewhurst. "Despite promise after promise from Washington and the Obama Administration, unemployment has remained above 8% for more than three years and our debt and spending continues to spiral out of control. Even worse than the nearly 13 million Americans who are unemployed, are the millions more who have given up completely and lost all hope.
In order to restore our economy and put Americans back to work, we need a complete transformation of how our government deals and works with the private sector. We need leaders who will get government out of the way and allow the private sector to flourish. We need elected officials with business experience to create an environment that will permit businesses to grow, and who have specific plans to create one."
You can view Dewhurst's full economic plan here, and see the highlights of the plan below.
Dewhurst Plan: Grow Our Nation's Economy
1. Fundamental Tax Reform
2. Lower Taxes For Families
3. Cut The Corporate Tax Rate In Half
4. Develop America's Massive Domestic Energy Resources
5. Stop Government Overregulation On Small Businesses
6. Give Americans The Right To Work
Dewhurst Plan: Reduce The Size, Scope and Spending Of The Federal Government
1. Repeal Obamacare
2. Pass A Balanced Budget Amendment
3. Limit Spending To 18% Of GDP
4. Entitlement Reform
5. End Off-Budget Expenditures
6. Meet Our Defense Priorities
7. Institute Zero-Based Budgeting
8. Establish Biennial Budgeting
9. Institute Sunset Laws
10. Bring Greater Transparency To The Federal Reserve
11. Increase Legislation Transparency
12. Reduce The Federal Workforce
13. Privatize Fannie Mae And Freddie Mac
14. Reform Welfare