Our country is great because it was founded upon moral principles by people who believed in faith and freedom. If we want our country to continue to be great we must fight to avoid the erosion of our fundamental values.
I am unapologetically pro-life. Each and every human life is valuable and my legislative agenda and record reflect my resolute commitment to protect the sanctity of life.
I support traditional marriage. The institution of marriage is the unity of one man and one woman. Allowing the government to weaken the definition of marriage takes away from our children and we must not allow that to happen.
I will fight for religious freedoms. The Constitution expressly safeguards our freedom to practice and embrace religion. The federal government's role is not to protect government from religion, but to protect religion from government intrusion. Government is already interfering in our homes and businesses; we must not allow it to do the same with our faith.
I support the following legislation to promote the sanctity of life, advance pro-family values, and protect our faith:
* H.R. 3, No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act
* H.R. 217, Title X Abortion Provider Prohibition Act
* H.R. 358, Protect Life Act
* H.R. 1179, Respect for Rights of Conscience Act
* H.R. 2059, To prohibit funding to the UN Population Fund
* H.R. 2299, Child Interstate Abortion Notification Act
* H.R. 2874, Abstinence Education Reallocation Act
* H.R. 3803 District of Columbia Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act
* H.Con.Res 25 Disapproving of Administration's decision not to defend DOMA
* H.Res. 489, Expressing the sense of the House that the symbols and traditions of Christmas should be protected for use by those who celebrate Christmas