- I am a strong public school advocate.
- I believe that the State should allow more local control at the school and district levels which would ultimately enhance higher level learning skills and the incorporation of arts enrichment.
- It's been my experience during my career that students learn and retain more by participating in hands-on and interactive learning than through a one-size-fits-all curriculum.
- I strongly feel that our State's educational system should apply less emphasis on test scores, and more emphasis on student achievement and the teaching of thinking abilities.
- I am not supportive of unfunded, unproven mandates from the State level, which plain and simply, don't work.