While we all know taxes are necessary in order to fund basic services and needs offered by government, Wisconsin businesses and citizens have reached a tipping point, whereby state income, property and excise taxes are forcing many out of Wisconsin in search of a more tax-friendly state.
Not only do I oppose any and all tax increases, I have worked for years to reduce your tax burden and ensure state government spending remains in check. Unfortunately, legislative Democrats in both Houses have worked overtime to raise taxes across the board, and send many businesses and individuals packing. We must stop this trend and bring people and jobs back home. That is why I support:
* Eliminating state taxes on pension and retirement income
* Reducing the marginal income tax rate
* Increasing personal tax exemptions for senior citizens
* Creating meaningful tax incentives and credits for businesses to remain and locate here
* A real and permanent property tax freeze