Honoring Those Who Serve
"I have a deep admiration for the men and women of our armed forces who took a solemn vow to protect our country, no matter the cost. The selfless service of those who have served and those serving today inspire me every day to continue my work."
Denny is making a difference:
* The first bill Denny introduced in Congress was a pay increase for our troops.
That bill became law as part of the Defense Authorization Act in 2001
* Led efforts to increase Veterans Administration funding by 54% since first taking office
* Worked with the VA to expand care by bringing three new VA access points to Lewistown, Cut Bank, and Havre. These facilities will allow veterans the opportunity to receive the care they need closer to home
* Fighting for the long term health benefits of veterans who continue to live with the health effects from participation in Project SHAD, a hazardous, top secret, military chemical testing program from the 1960s
* Hosted Veterans Benefits Awareness Seminars that provided information regarding available prescription drug programs, disability payments, and other services; provided medals to soldiers/veterans who had medals lost or stolen while fighting overseas
* Works tirelessly to ensure that our troops in harms way have the equipment and resources they need to get the job done and return home safely