There is nothing more important to economic development than education and world-class schools. We must insure that every child, regardless of social standing or background, receives a world-class education. I will be the leader who will deliver for our schools, students and teachers.
* The state should set high standards and empower local systems to achieve these standards through extra funding and less bureaucratic paperwork.
* Work to bring necessary education funding back home for our schools.
* Ensure that a majority of vital funding resources goes directly to teachers and students in the classroom--not any high-priced education "consultants' that don't work solely for the benefit of educating the child.
* Hold local systems accountable through testing, but leave the details of implementation to the local systems.
* No one size fits all mandates from the state.