Restoring Common Sense to Statewide Testing
I commit to using my voice and powers to establish timely, meaningful, and useful measures for Wyoming assessment.
I believe and will
- Carefully examine state based testing. We must consider new
- Eliminate the duplication in testing. Teachers should be focused
on instruction and not on testing.
- Give teachers, parents, and students a voice in creating
alternatives to PAWS testing.
- Top-down decision making by those who are so removed from
the classroom that they do not understand the needs of the
- Tests whose results are not known to teachers (if at all) until the
child moves on to the next grade.