As a life-long southeastern New Mexican, born and raised in Eddy County, I was brought up to believe in those things that made our country great, faith in God, respect for the Founding Fathers, and gratitude for those who have given their lives for our freedom.
New Mexico has been, and still is, a great place to live, and a great place to raise a family. My wife LaNette and I raised our three children right here in Eddy County. Having grandchildren deepens our concern for New Mexico's future and the challenges our state faces in the 21st Century. Like you, we want our children and grandchildren to grow up in a state that is prospering, where the streets are safe, the environment is protected, and the economy is growing and providing jobs.
Please let me know if you share the goals and objectives I want to work toward. They include:
* Economic development and job growth for our part of the state
* Water policies that ensure Southeastern New Mexico agriculture remains strong
* Stronger laws against violent offenders, protecting our families against gangs and drugs
* Securing our borders, including repealing the recent state laws that give New Mexico drivers' licenses and scholarships to illegal immigrants
* Respect for life -- including the unborn -- and the sanctity of marriage between one man and one woman
* The right to keep and bear arms
* A safety net for the truly needy and disabled
In short, I believe as our Founders did that we can have responsible and accountable government guided by common sense. We can achieve the goals we seek and do so at a cost we can afford -- meaning no new taxes, simply better management and making better choices. If you agree, I ask again for your support and for your vote for State Representative.
If you have questions, or want to discuss these issues, or any others of interest or concern to you, please don't hesitate to write, e-mail or call me. I look forward to hearing from you.