In the current economic climate with many industries shutting down business and sending jobs overseas, it is critically important to create an atmosphere to encourage job creation and job retention, particularly for small businesses. Small businesses are the backbone of our economy because they help build our local economy, keep jobs at home, and form an integral part of our communities.
What Representative Conklin will do to improve the business climate in PA:
* Support and enhance a climate that provides smart incentives for responsible businesses to locate in Pennsylvania
* Work to attract family sustaining jobs to the state
* Support development and implementation of new green collar jobs in renewable energy, energy conservation, and alternative energy research
* Support policies that will ensure responsible exploration of the Marcellus Shale to take advantage of our expansive natural gas reserves while at the same time protecting our communities
* Encourage improvements to upgrade our roads and bridges in order to improve our transportation infrastructure