Illinois is 46th in the nation in job growth and is saddled with a $3 billion deficit due to Governor Rod Blagojevich's poor economic policies. In fact, if Illinois had just kept pace with Iowa, there would be 165,000 more jobs. In the legislature, I voted against Governor Blagojevich's policies time and again.
My position on taxes is clear!
In Congress, I will provide tax relief to hard working families and businesses by:
* Eliminating the marriage penalty tax.
* Eliminating the Death Tax, which unfairly targets small, family run businesses, forcing them to sell their business rather than passing it on. According to the Small Business Association, 99% of all employers are small businesses and would benefit from making the tax cuts permanent.
* Doubling the Child Tax Credit, allowing the families of 119,000 children in this district to save for their children's education.
* Opposing Kennedy Immigration Amnesty - a $126 billion cost to taxpayers - including $24.5 billion in tax refunds to illegals, $15.4 billion in Medicare and Medicaid for illegals and $5.2 billion in Social Security benefits for illegals.
What would happen if these tax cuts are not made permanent?
* The House Budget Committee has reported that if the tax cuts are not made permanent, the American people will be hit with the largest tax increase in U.S. history.
* A family of 4 making $50,000 a year would experience a $2,000 tax increase. That's a 132% increase.
* Married couples would have to pay $1,500 to the federal government.
Proven Tax Fighter
I have authored or co-authored more than a dozen bills to reduce the tax burden on hard working families and businesses.
* I fought for a Suburban Property Tax Freeze to control skyrocketing property taxes.
* Defeated a $7 billion tax hike on individuals and small businesses
* Fought for a $5,000 Veterans Property Tax Exemption
In 2005, I was named a "Hero of the Taxpayer" by the Americans for Tax Reform for my record of protecting taxpayers.