CONFERENCE REPORT ON H.R. 1585, NATIONAL DEFENSE AUTHORIZATION ACT FOR FISCAL YEAR 2008 -- (Extensions of Remarks - December 19, 2007)
HON. JOE BACA
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2007
* Mr. BACA. Mr. Speaker, I rise today in support of H.R. 1585, the Conference Report on Defense Authorization Bill.
* As we approach the Holiday Season and we go back to our families, we cannot forget that not everyone is so fortunate.
* Our loyal soldiers are serving proudly and not all will be with their loved ones.
* I want to speak directly to them and to their families in my District because these are the true faces of the war.
* This bill supports our service members by increasing military pay across the board, because the empty stomachs of a family hurt no matter where you are.
* This bill protects our soldiers by providing the equipment needed, because today--our soldiers deserve the best there is.
* This bill includes the Wounded Warrior Act which reinforces the fact that the tragic conditions at Walter Reed must end.
* I ask my colleagues to not ignore the realities of the war and review their priorities--we must give our troops on the frontline what they need and rightfully deserve.