Congress Passes Transportation, Treasury, and Housing and Urban Development Appropriations Measure; Bill Includes over 7 million For 12 Louisville Projects
Washington- Today, the United States House of Representatives voted to pass the FY-06 Transportation, Treasury, and Housing and Urban Development conference report which included over $7 million in federal earmarks for 12 Louisville projects.
"The projects in this bill will directly impact Louisvillians in many ways. Valuable resources will be spent on the Ohio River Bridges Project, and improving our roads and parks, which will help create a better economic environment and quality of life for our residents. This bill also contains much-needed funding for school renovations and community centers that will serve both at-risk children and adults in need," said Congresswoman Northup.
The following 12 projects Transportation, Treasury, and Housing and Urban Development Projects are set to receive funding.
* Louisville Olmsted Parks Conservancy, Inc. for renovating historic bridges in Cherokee, Shawnee, and Tyler Parks
* Louisville Olmsted Parks Conservancy, Inc. for construction of a playground
* Day Spring Foundation, Inc. for construction of community resource center that will
educate and serve adults in need
* Temple Community Development Corporation for the renovation of a school
* Community Economic Empowerment Corporation for construction of an entertainment facility
* New Zion Community Foundation for renovations for schools, which will serve at-risk children
* DREAM Foundation, Inc. for the construction of a playground
* Ohio River Bridges Project
* Renovate I-65/Brook Street
* Extension of River Road
* Construction on Watterson Trail and Plantside Drive to Blankenbaker Lane
* Transit Authority of River City
for purchase of hybrid electric buses