The purpose of the referendum is to approve or disapprove Public Act 80 of 2014, which allocates use tax revenue for various local purposes.
Approval or disapproval of amendatory act to reduce state use tax and replace
with a local community stabilization share to modernize the tax system to help
small businesses grow and create jobs
The amendatory act adopted by the Legislature would:
1. Reduce the state use tax and replace with a local community stabilization share of the tax for the purpose of
modernizing the tax system to help small businesses grow and create jobs in Michigan.
2. Require Local Community Stabilization Authority to provide revenue to local governments dedicated for local
purposes, including police safety, fire protection, and ambulance emergency services.
3. Increase portion of state use tax dedicated for aid to local school districts.
4. Prohibit Authority from increasing taxes.
5. Prohibit total use tax rate from exceeding existing constitutional 6% limitation.
Should this law be approved?
YES [ ]
NO [ ]