Husband: Chuck; 2 Children: Mary, Chad
- BS, Mississippi State University, 1973
- Representative, United States House of Representatives, 2002-present
- Deputy Whip, United States House of Representatives, present
- Assistant Minority Whip, United States House of Representatives, 2002-2006
- Senator, Tennessee State Senate, District 23, 1998-2002
- Founder/Chair, Congressional Songwriters Caucus, 2003-present
- Founder, Congressional Songwriters Caucus
- Co-Chair, House Task Force on Waste, Fraud and Abuse
- Former Member, Oversight and Investigators Subcommittee, United States House of Representatives
- Executive Director, Tennessee Film, Entertainment, and Music Commission, 1995-1997
- Owner, Marketing Strategies, present
- Director, Retail Fashion/Special Events, Caster Knott Company, 1975-1978
- Sales Manager, Southwestern Company, 1973-1975
- Student Manager, Southwestern Company, 1971-1973
- Member, Christ Presbyterian, present
- Member, Smithsonian Libraries Advisory Board, present
- President, American Lung Association of Middle Tennessee
- Member, Brentwood Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
- President, Nashville Symphony Guild
- Board Member, Nashville Zoo
- Member, Rotary Club
- State Chair, American Council of Young Political Leaders, 1994
American Conservative Union, Best and Brightest Award
- Congressman Blackburn is regularly praised by good government groups like the National Federation of Independent Businesses, National Taxpayers Union, the Farm Bureau, the Chamber of Commerce, the Small Business and Entrepreneurship Council and the American Conservative Union.
- She has been named a Taxpayer Hero by Americans for Tax Reform each year she has served in Congress.
- In 2006 the Independent Electrical Contractors recognized her as their Lawmaker of the Year.
- In 2007 Blackburn received the Conservative Leadership Award from the Clare Boothe Luce Policy Institute.
- In 2007, she was awarded the Congressional Grammy by the Recording Academy; the White Hat award from the Nashville Songwriters Association and in 2008 received the Platinum Award from the RIAA. The Cecil Scaife Foundation has awarded her the Visionary Award.
- In 2012, Health IT Now presented her with the HITN Innovation Award for her work in support of innovative solutions to our most pressing healthcare problems and she was recognized by the Association of Children's Hospitals and the American College of Radiology for her leadership on healthcare issues.
- Marsha has also been honored by the Family Research Council, received the Distinguished Leader Award from the Susan B. Anthony List for her pro-life, pro-family work, and the Iron Jawed Angel Award for Excellence in Public Service.
- In April 2013 at the "Women Run the World" Half Marathon in New York City, More Magazine recognized Blackburn for her service in government by honoring her as one of 10 women who are making a difference in the world.
- The Washington Post has named her one of the 40 Most Interesting Women in Politics and Newsmax has named her one of the 50 Most Influential Female Republicans.
- The Independent Women's Forum has named her the 2014 Woman of Valor.
- Marsha was named the 2016 "Woman of the Year" by the Clare Boothe Luce Policy Institute.
- Congressman Blackburn holds an honorary doctorate in letters from King University.
Small Business Bureau and Entrepreneurship Council, Small Business Champion
Family Research Council, True Blue Award
U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Spirit of Enterprise Award
Number of Grandchildren: