Wife: Heather; 3 Children: Maria, Arica, Alec
- JD, University of Colorado School of Law, 2002-2005
- BSME, Engineering, University of Colorado at Boulder, 1996-2001
- Speaker Pro Tempore, Colorado State House of Representatives, 2015-present
- Representative, Colorado State House of Representatives, 2010-present
- Former Member, Business Affairs and Labor Committee, Colorado State House of Representatives
- Attorney, Feldmann Nagel, Limited Liability Company, 2013-present
- Member, Obama Biden Presidential Transition Team
- Senior Associate, Holland and Hart, Limited Liability Partnership, 2005-2010
- Member, West Highlands Neighborhood Association, present
- Member, Association for Senior Citizens Board
- Vice Chair, Auraria Higher Education Center Board
- Member, United States Green Building Council
rising star by MSNBC, received the People's Choice Legislator Award from Colorado Law Week, named a Rising Star by Colorado Super Lawyer magazine, awarded Democrat of the Year by the Denver Democratic Party
Medicare benefits specialist
Hobbies or Special Talents:
Jogging, teaching, and mentoring
First in the nation to legalize ride-sharing services.
Allow equity crowdfunding in Colorado.
Expanded voting rights.
Enhanced consumer protections for senior citizens.
Providing equal access to quality education for all Coloradans.
Legalizing same sex marriage.
Increasing transparency and efficiency in government.