- Attended, Aviation Officer Candidate School, 1991
- JD, University of Texas, 1988
- BA, Computer Science, Rice University, 1985
- Representative, United States House of Representatives, 2008-present
- No caucus information on file.
- Officer, United States Navy
- Aviator, United States Navy
- Chief of Staff, United States Senator John Cornyn, 2002-2007
- Legislative Aide, United States Senator Phil Gramm, 1998-2002
- Naval Liaison Officer, United States Senate, 1995-1998
- Member, National Rifle Association (NRA)
- Life Member, "R" Association, Rice University
- Member, Texas Bar Association
- Director, Texas Lyceum
- Member, Texas State Society
- Member, United Methodist Church
- Member, University of Texas Chancellor's Council and Littlefield Society
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Navy & Marine Corps Commendation Medal
Southwest Asia Service Medal
Navy & Marine Corps Achievement Medal
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Joint Chiefs of Staff Badge
Non-fiction, US and Texas history (just finished "Antietam - Crossroads of Freedom" by James McPherson, now reading "Lone Star Nation" by H.W. Brands).
TOP GUN, PATTON, BULL DURHAM, and CASABLANCA.
Favorite TV Shows:
Sports especially NFL, reruns of Seinfeld, the Simpsons, and the King of the Hill.
Favorite Type of Music:
Mix of country (Cross Country on XM), classic rock (Top Tracks on XM), alternative rock (Lucy on XM).