- Requires employers to spend a minimum equal to 7.5 percent of the employers social security wages on health care expenditures for their employees and their dependents, or contribute the equal sum of that into a state mandated health insurance fund (sec. 15).
- Establishes that the revenue that the state collects from employer health care and employee health care contributions must be continuously appropriated to the Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board for the purposes of this bill (sec. 5)
- Establishes that from January 1, 2011, all individuals making taxable income are required to maintain healthcare, but would provide exemption for those whose family income is less than 400% of the federal poverty level and retired individuals whose only source of income is retirement income and also for those whose minimum health care cost would exceed 5% of family income (sec.15)
- Eliminates the eligibility requirement that specifies a child under the Healthy Families or Medi-Cal programs must also be a US citizen or have immigration status (sec. 12).
- Requires health providers to provide health care service plans and health insurance to individuals on a guaranteed issue basis beginning January 1, 2011 (sec. 4).