- Requires that applicants who are seeking conditional permits for electric power generating facilities estimate the greenhouse gases which will be emitted as a result of the proposed project [sec. 2(d)(2)].
- Requires that applicants for construction permits or prevention of significant deterioration permits estimate the amount of greenhouse gases that will be emitted as a result of the proposed project [sec. 3].
- Creates a greenhouse gas inventory by January 1, 2008, which collects data from greenhouse gas producers regarding the greenhouse gases they generate, including information regarding the amount and type of gases, and the type of source [sec. 4(2)(a)].
- Creates a voluntary greenhouse gas registry to track, manage, and credit entities that reduce their generation of greenhouse gases [sec. 4(3)(a)].
- Creates an Iowa Climate Change Advisory Council to develop cost-effective, short-, medium-, and long-term scenarios which would reduce greenhouse gas emissions in the state [sec. 5].