HB 259 - Smoking Ban - Key Vote
North Carolina Key Votes
Legislation - Bill Failed (House) (55-61) - May 2, 2007(Key vote)
Title: Smoking Ban
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that would prohibit smoking in public places and work areas.
- Provides exceptions for private residences, retail tobacco shops, tobacco manufacturing or processing facilities, smoking guest rooms in hotels, private clubs, age-restricted alcohol sales establishments and places of employment used for medical or scientific research where smoking needs to be done [sec. 1]. - Requires that the owner, manager, operator or someone that controls the space must post signs indicating that smoking is prohibited where smoking is not allowed [sec. 1. - Allows the local health director to fine the owner, manager or operator of a public place or place of employment $200 for the third violation, and every subsequent violation of the prohibition of smoking [sec. 2].
Legislation - Introduced (House) - Feb. 19, 2007
Title: Prohibit Smoking in Public Places.
- Larry D. Hall (NC - D) (Out Of Office)
- Lindsey Hugh Holliman (NC - D) (Out Of Office)
- Angela R. Bryant (NC - D) (Out Of Office)
- Bob F. 'Bobby' England (NC - D) (Out Of Office)
- Susan C. Fisher (NC - D)
- Rick Glazier (NC - D) (Out Of Office)
- Verla Clemens Insko (NC - D)
- Paul Luebke (NC - D) (Out Of Office)
- Alice Graham Underhill (NC - D) (Out Of Office)
- Jennifer Weiss (NC - D) (Out Of Office)