HR 2 - Education Funding for Disadvantaged Students-Passage - National Key Vote
- Oct. 25, 1999 Senate Bill Sent To Committee
- Oct. 21, 1999 House Bill Passed
- Feb. 11, 1999 Introduced
Issues Related to HR 2
Legislation - Bill Sent To Committee (Senate) - Oct. 25, 1999
Oct. 21, 1999(Key vote)
See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Education Funding for Disadvantaged Students-Passage
Vote to pass a bill that provides over $9 billion in federal grants to school districts that have a 40 percent poverty rate among the students.
- Provides assistance to small and rural schools with enrollments under 600 and to larger schools with school age poverty rates of at least 20 percent.
- Allows states to use at least 30 percent of federal funds to reward schools and district personnel for improvement in student performance.
- Calls upon public schools to remain secular, neutral, and non-ideological in their use of Title I funds.
- Permits students to transfer from a failing school to any public school located within their school district, unless state or local law prohibits it.
- Appropriates $5 million to ensure women have equal educational and career opportunities.
- Increases standards for hiring classroom aides while freezing the number who can be hired.
Legislation - Introduced (House) - Feb. 11, 1999
Title: Education Funding for Disadvantaged Students
- William F. 'Bill' Goodling (PA - R) (Out Of Office)
- Cass Ballenger (NC - ) (Out Of Office)
- Thomas J. 'Tom' Bliley Jr. (VA - R) (Out Of Office)
- Michael N. 'Mike' Castle (DE - R) (Out Of Office)
- Paul E. Gillmor (OH - R) (Out Of Office)
- Virgil H. Goode Jr. (VA - R) (Out Of Office)
- James V. 'Jim' Hansen (UT - R) (Out Of Office)
- Richard A. 'Rick' Hill (MT - ) (Out Of Office)
- Kenny C. Hulshof (MO - R) (Out Of Office)
- William Lewis 'Bill' Jenkins (TN - R) (Out Of Office)
- Steven T. Kuykendall (CA - ) (Out Of Office)
- Frank D. Lucas (OK - R)
- Bill McCollum (FL - R) (Out Of Office)
- Howard P. 'Buck' McKeon (CA - R) (Out Of Office)
- Joseph R. 'Joe' Pitts (PA - R) (Out Of Office)
- Deborah D. Pryce (OH - R) (Out Of Office)
- Adam Smith (WA - D)
- John E. Sununu (NH - R) (Out Of Office)
- Frank Rudolph Wolf (VA - R) (Out Of Office)