Search Form
First, enter a politician or zip code
Now, choose a category

Key Votes

S 2293 - Authorizes a Ballot Measure to Issue $1 Billion in Funds for School Upgrades - New Jersey Key Vote

Timeline

Issues Related to S 2293

Stage Details

Legislation - Concurrence Vote Passed (House) (65-0) - (Key vote)
See How Your Politicians Voted

Title: Authorizes a Ballot Measure to Issue $1 Billion in Funds for School Upgrades

Vote Result
Yea Votes
Nay Votes
Vote Smart's Synopsis:

Vote to concur with the Governors conditional veto and pass a bill that authorizes a ballot measure to provide $1 billion in funds for school upgrades.

Highlights:

 

  • Specifies in the ballot measure that state of New Jersey shall authorize $1 billion in allocation funds and grants for the following projects, including, but not limited to (Sec. 4):

    • School security upgrades;

    • School district water infrastructure improvement; or

    • Career and technical education grants.

  • Specifies that the procedures for reviewing the approval and eligibility criteria of a school or school district will be established the the Commissioner of Education (Sec. 4).

  • Requires that for any career or technical education project approved by the commissioner, the grant shall cover 75 percent of the costs for the project and the county vocational school district or county college shall support the other 25 percent of project costs (Sec. 4).

Note:

NOTE: THE GOVERNOR ISSUED A CONDITIONAL VETO, MEANING HE OR SHE OBJECTS TO ONLY PART OF THE BILL AND PROPOSES AMENDMENTS THAT WOULD MAKE IT ACCEPTABLE. IF THE LEGISLATURE CONCURS WITH THE GOVERNOR'S AMENDMENTS, THE LEGISLATION IS AGAIN PRESENTED TO THE GOVERNOR FOR SIGNATURE.

Legislation - Concurrence Vote Passed (Senate) (31-0) - (Key vote)
See How Your Politicians Voted

Title: Authorizes a Ballot Measure to Issue $1 Billion in Funds for School Upgrades

Vote Result
Yea Votes
Nay Votes
Vote Smart's Synopsis:

Vote to concur with the Governors conditional veto and pass a bill that authorizes a ballot measure to provide $1 billion in funds for school upgrades.

Highlights:

 

  • Specifies in the ballot measure that state of New Jersey shall authorize $1 billion in allocation funds and grants for the following projects, including, but not limited to (Sec. 4):

    • School security upgrades;

    • School district water infrastructure improvement; or

    • Career and technical education grants.

  • Specifies that the procedures for reviewing the approval and eligibility criteria of a school or school district will be established the the Commissioner of Education (Sec. 4).

  • Requires that for any career or technical education project approved by the commissioner, the grant shall cover 75 percent of the costs for the project and the county vocational school district or county college shall support the other 25 percent of project costs (Sec. 4).

Legislation - Signed (Conditional Veto) (Executive) -

Title: Authorizes a Ballot Measure to Issue $1 Billion in Funds for School Upgrades

Note:

NOTE: THE GOVERNOR ISSUED A CONDITIONAL VETO, MEANING HE OR SHE OBJECTS TO ONLY PART OF THE BILL AND PROPOSES AMENDMENTS THAT WOULD MAKE IT ACCEPTABLE. IF THE LEGISLATURE CONCURS WITH THE GOVERNOR'S AMENDMENTS, THE LEGISLATION IS AGAIN PRESENTED TO THE GOVERNOR FOR SIGNATURE.

Legislation - Bill Passed (House) (76-0) -

Title: Authorizes a Ballot Measure to Issue $1 Billion in Funds for School Upgrades

Legislation - Bill Passed (Senate) (36-1) -

Title: Authorizes a Ballot Measure to Issue $1 Billion in Funds for School Upgrades

Legislation - Introduced (Senate) -

Title: Authorizes a Ballot Measure to Issue $1 Billion in Funds for School Upgrades

Sponsors

Co-sponsors

Skip to top

Help us stay free for all your Fellow Americans

Just $5 from everyone reading this would do it.

Thank You!

You are about to be redirected to a secure checkout page.

Please note:

The total order amount will read $0.01. This is a card processor fee. Please know that a recurring donation of the amount and frequency that you selected will be processed and initiated tomorrow. You may see a one-time charge of $0.01 on your statement.

Continue to secure page »

Back to top