HR 5735 - THRIVE Act - National Key Vote
Issues Related to HR 5735
June 14, 2018(Key vote)
See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: THRIVE Act
Vote to pass a bill that authorizes Section 8 housing vouchers to provide temporary housing to individuals recovering from opioid drug addiction.
- Defines the THRIVE act as the “Transitional Housing for Recovery in Viable Environments Demonstration Program Act” (Sec. 1).
Specifies that an individual applying to receive a rental assistance voucher under this act shall have in their application the following information, including, but not limited to (Sec. 2):
A description of the terms of the treatment program; and
A coordination plan with workforce development providers.
Defines “Secretary” as either the Secretary of Labor or the Secretary of Health and Human Services (Sec. 2).
Requires the Secretary to list the following conditions when selecting eligible individuals that receive rental assistance vouchers, including, but not limited to (Sec. 2):
The diversement of an eligible individual;
The equal representation of both rural and urban eligible individuals; and
The impact opioids are having in tribal communities.
Authorizes the Secretary to waive or alternate requirements for any provision of this act that oversees the issument of Section 8 housing vouchers (Sec. 2).
Specifies that a covered individual shall return any such Section 8 housing voucher to the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development no later than 5 years after the enactment date of this act (Sec. 4).
Defines “Covered Individual” as an individual recovering from an opioid use addiction or other substance use disorder (Sec. 2).
Legislation - Introduced (House) - May 9, 2018
Title: THRIVE Act
- Theodore Paul 'Ted' Budd (NC - R)
- Steven Brett Guthrie (KY - R)
- Karen Handel (GA - R) (Out Of Office)
- Randall M. 'Randy' Hultgren (IL - R) (Out Of Office)
- Alexander X. 'Alex' Mooney (WV - R)
- Dennis A. Ross (FL - R) (Out Of Office)
- Edward R. 'Ed' Royce (CA - R) (Out Of Office)
- Frank James 'Jim' Sensenbrenner Jr. (WI - R)
- Claudia Tenney (NY - R) (Out Of Office)
- Michael R. 'Mike' Turner (OH - R)