Search Form
First, enter a politician or zip code
Now, choose a category

Key Votes

SB 6 - Amends Tax Credit Standards - Louisiana Key Vote

Conrad Appel III voted Nay (Passage) on this Legislation.

Read statements Conrad Appel III made in this general time period.

Timeline

Issues Related to SB 6

Note

NOTE: THIS BILL WAS VOTED ON DURING A SPECIAL SESSION OF THE LEGISLATURE

Stage Details

Legislation - Conference Report Adopted (Senate) (30-9) -
Legislation - Conference Report Adopted (House) (77-21) -
Legislation - Nonconcurrence Vote Passed (Senate) (34-4) -
Legislation - Bill Passed With Amendment (House) (78-18) -
Legislation - Bill Passed (Senate) (27-10) - (Key vote)
See How Your Politicians Voted

Title: Amends Tax Credit Standards

Vote Result
Yea Votes
Nay Votes
Vote Smart's Synopsis:

Vote to pass a bill that amends the ability of the tax credit for ad valorem taxes to be refunded, applicable to all tax returns and refund claims filed on or after July 1, 2016.

Highlights:
  • Requires 100 percent of the excess credit to be refunded if the amount of taxes eligible for credit is at most $500,000 (Sec. 1).
  • Requires 75 percent of the excess credit to be refunded and the remaining 25 percent to be carried forward as credit for tax liability within a 5 year period if the amount of taxes eligible for credit exceeds $500,000 but is at most $1 million (Sec. 1).
  • Requires 100 percent of the excess credit of the first $500,000 to be refunded, 75 percent of the next $500,000 of excess credit to be refunded, and the remaining amount to be carried forward as credit for tax liability within a 5 year period if the amount of taxes eligible for credit exceeds $1 million (Sec. 1). 

 

Legislation - Introduced (Senate) -

Title: Amends Tax Credit Standards

Note:

NOTE: THIS BILL WAS VOTED ON DURING A SPECIAL SESSION OF THE LEGISLATURE

Sponsors

Skip to top

Help us stay free for all your Fellow Americans

Just $5 from everyone reading this would do it.

Thank You!

You are about to be redirected to a secure checkout page.

Please note:

The total order amount will read $0.01. This is a card processor fee. Please know that a recurring donation of the amount and frequency that you selected will be processed and initiated tomorrow. You may see a one-time charge of $0.01 on your statement.

Continue to secure page »

Back to top