SB 2131 - Surface Access Fee for Oil and Gas Exploration and Production - Key Vote
North Dakota Key Votes
Legislation - Bill Failed (Senate) (6-40) - Jan. 21, 2011(Key vote)
Title: Surface Access Fee for Oil and Gas Exploration and Production
Vote to pass a bill that requires oil and gas producers to share oil and gas royalty payments with landowners near the access point of the product.
- Requires the person obligated to pay royalties under the oil and gas lease or division pay a surface access fee of 8 percent of royalties to the landowner for oil and gas exploration and production (Sec. 1).
NOTE: THIS IS A SECOND READING VOTE TO END DEBATE ON THE BILL AND ADVANCE IT TO THE THIRD READING IN WHICH AN UP-OR-DOWN VOTE FOR PASSAGE WILL OCCUR ONLY IF VOTES CHANGE OR THE THIRD READING OCCURS ON A DIFFERENT LEGISLATIVE DAY.
Legislation - Introduced (Senate) - Jan. 5, 2011
Title: Oil Producers Sharing Wealth to Property Owners
- John M. Andrist (ND - R) (Out Of Office)
- David 'Skip' Drovdal (ND - R) (Out Of Office)
- Glen A. Froseth (ND - R) (Out Of Office)
- George L. Nodland (ND - R) (Out Of Office)
- Kenton B. Onstad (ND - D) (Out Of Office)
- David S. Rust (ND - R) (Out Of Office)