HB 4646 - Campaign Finance Law Amendments - Key Vote
West Virginia Key Votes
Legislation - Referred to Committee (Senate) - March 2, 2010
Legislation - Bill Passed (House) (61-34) - March 1, 2010(Key vote)
Title: Campaign Finance Law Amendments
Vote on a bill that requires corporations to get authorization from a majority of stockholders before giving a contribution or expenditure to a political activity and specifies guidelines by which such activity can be undertaken.
- -Communication by a corporation to its stockholders and administrative or executive staff and or their families on any subject;
-Nonpartisan registration and/or get-out-the-vote campaigns aimed at its stockholders and administrative or executive staff and their families by a corporation;
-The establishment, administration, or solicitation by a corporation for contributions to a separate segregated fund to be utilized for political purposes.
- -The amount of the unauthorized contribution or expenditure;
-Damages to the corporation because of the unauthorized expenditure or contribution; and
-Interest on the amount of the unauthorized expenditure or contribution beginning on the date when it was made and ending when it is repaid to the corporation.
- -The nature of the political activities;
-The date of the contributions or expenditures;
-The amount be contributed;
-The identity of the candidate, political party, committee, electioneering communication, ballot measure, campaign or issue advocacy campaign;
-The purpose of the political activity;
-All expenditures made by a separate segregated fund affiliated with the corporation.
NOTE: THIS IS A SUBSTITUTE BILL, MEANING THE LANGUAGE OF THE ORIGINAL BILL HAS BEEN REPLACED. THE DEGREE TO WHICH THE SUBSTITUTE BILL TEXT DIFFERS FROM THE PREVIOUS VERSION OF THE TEXT CAN VARY GREATLY.
Legislation - Introduced (House) - Feb. 22, 2010
Title: Limiting Corporate Campaign Spending
- Bonnie Louise Brown (WV - D) (Out Of Office)
- Michael 'Mike' Caputo (WV - D)
- Michael Thomas Ferro (WV - D)
- John R. Frazier (WV - D) (Out Of Office)
- Timothy J. 'Tim' Manchin (WV - D) (Out Of Office)
- Clifton 'Clif' Moore (WV - D) (Out Of Office)
- Danny B. Wells (WV - D) (Out Of Office)
- William R. 'Bill' Wooton (WV - D) (Out Of Office)