Today, Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, a senior member of the Florida Congressional delegation, voted in favor of H.J.Res. 79, the Border Safety and Security Act. This bill would provide funding for border safety and security during the shutdown or until December 15, 2013.
Said Ros-Lehtinen, "Our borders are the first line of defense to stop drug smugglers, human traffickers, and other criminal activity from entering or negatively impacting our country. We need to continue to be vigilant to ensure our friends, neighbors, and communities are safe and secure. The Border Safety and Security Act will help our border security and law enforcement personnel are able to do their jobs to the best of their ability. Even though the Senate is not cooperating, lawbreakers will not take a break from violating America's laws and borders.
Note: In addition to other funding bills, Ileana has voted to:
* Fund Head Start for our children (H.J.Res. 84)
* Inspect medicine and food (H.J.Res. 77)
* Pay furloughed and non-furloughed federal workers (H.J.Res. 3223)
* Feed pregnant women and their kids (H.J. Res. 75)
* Help communities recover from hurricanes (H.J. Res 85)
* Fund our veterans programs (H.J. Res. 72)
* Protect our nation with National Guard and Reserves (H.J. Res 3230)
* Treat kids with cancer (H.J. Res. 73)
* Ensured airline passenger safety (H.J.Res. 91)
* Honored families of fallen patriots (H.J. Res. 90)
* Open parks and monuments (H.J. Res. 70)