Today, Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, a senior member of the Florida Congressional delegation, voted in favor of H.J.Res. 90, the Flight Safety Act. This Act would provide funds to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and allow its continued operation during the government shutdown.
Said Ros-Lehtinen, "The FAA serves a valuable function by assisting America's flying public with safety and regulatory compliance. Without vigorous oversight, there are turbulent consequences for America's skies. America's airways should be a politics-free zone. It's time for a departure from partisan gridlock."
Note: In addition to other funding bills, Ileana has voted to:
* Fund Head-Start for our children (H.J.Res. 84)
* Inspect medicine and food (H.J.Res. 77)
* Pay furloughed federal workers (H.J.Res. 3223)
* Feed pregnant women and their kids (H.J. Res. 75)
* Help communities recover from hurricanes (H.J. Res 85)
* Fund our veterans programs (H.J. Res. 72)
* Protect our nation with National Guard and Reserves (H.J. Res 3230)
* Treat kids with cancer (Research for Lifesaving Cures Act, H.J. Res. 73)
* Open parks and monuments (H.J. Res. 70)