Today, Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, a senior member of the Florida Congressional delegation, voted in favor of H.J.Res. 84, the Head Start for Low-Income Children Act. This Act would provide funds to Head-Start programs across the nation and support the education of every child enrolled in such a program.
Said Ros-Lehtinen, "Our children should be our primary investment, not an afterthought in a partisan political battle. I was proud to vote for the Head Start for Low-Income Children Act. While Washington dithers, our children are paying the price for Congressional indecision. As a former Florida certified school teacher, I know the impact even a temporary suspension in education funding can have. We should not let the most vulnerable and least culpable shoulder the burden of our inaction."
Note: In addition to other funding bills, Ileana has voted to:
* Inspect medicine and food (H.J.Res. 77)
* Pay furloughed federal workers (H.J.Res. 3223)
* Feed pregnant women and their kids (H.J. Res. 75)
* Help communities recover from hurricanes (H.J. Res 85)
* Fund our veterans programs (H.J. Res. 72)
* Protect our nation with National Guard and Reserves (H.J. Res 3230)
* Treat kids with cancer (Research for Lifesaving Cures Act, H.J. Res. 73)
* Open parks and monuments (H.J. Res. 70)