Due to a lapse in government funding, federal law and Senate rules require that Senate offices shut down and operate at limited capacity.
This means that:
- My office is unable to conduct most constituent services as many federal agencies are closed due to the government shutdown.
- Offices in Milwaukee, Madison, and Washington D.C. are operating at a limited capacity.
- Given the limited staff available, we are doing our best to answer phone calls.
- Requests for assistance are being monitered for emergancy needs only.
- Emails sent to individual staff members will be responded to at the conclusion of the shutdown.
- Letters and Emails sent to me will receive a response when the government is opened.
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and I will continue to work with my colleagues to find a responsible way to end the shutdown as soon as possible.
Thank you for your patience -
U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin