Today, Congresswoman Tammy Duckworth sent the following newsletter to her constituents:
Dear Neighbors of the 8th District,
Today marks my 100th day in office. It's been a privilege serving you these past few months and I want to share with you what we've accomplished so far:
* I introduced my first bill, the Small Business Paperwork Relief Act, which will help new small businesses thrive by waiving fines for most first-time paperwork violations.
* My goal is to be as accessible as possible to constituents who have questions, concerns, or ideas to share. To date, I've held Congress at your Corner events in Bloomingdale, Lombard and Glendale Heights and am looking forward to visiting more towns soon. I've also held an open house at our Schaumburg office, conducted a virtual town hall on Google+, and answered questions during a Twitter chat.
* The Department of Transportation approved construction on the Elgin-O'Hare Western Access project. I'll be keeping a close eye on this project as it moves forward.
* My first amendment passed the House Oversight and Government Affairs committee. It will ensure greater accountability from federal agencies that fail to respond to Freedom of Information Act requests in a timely manner.
* When the Post Office announced that it was cutting Saturday delivery, I rallied 87 of my colleagues to sign a bipartisan letter asking that prescription medications continue to be delivered to the seniors and Veterans who rely on postal delivery.
* I've held roundtable discussions in the 8th district on transportation, education, manufacturing, Veterans and Medicare. These productive conversations have given me great ideas to bring back to Washington!
* I've co-sponsored dozens of worthwhile pieces of legislation.
* I've responded to more than 8,000 letters from constituents and helped more than 200 constituents who were having trouble with a federal agency.
For more information about what I've been up to, visit my website each week to view The Duckworth Diary, my weekly note to constituents about recent events, meetings and legislative activity.
If there's ever anything I can do to serve you better, please don't hesitate to contact my office.