As the Vice Chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Commerce, Manufacturing, and Trade, Congressman Leonard Lance (NJ-07) todaypraisedseveral products manufactured in the Seventh District of New Jersey. The subcommittee held a Manufacturing Showcase on Capitol Hill to emphasize the importance of American manufacturing jobs and American creativity.
During the event, Lance discussed the importance of manufacturing jobs in the Seventh District of New Jersey. According to the National Association of Manufacturing, 603 manufacturing facilities and company headquarters account for 50,278 jobs in New Jersey's Seventh Congressional District.
At Lance's request,several New Jersey products were on display for lawmakers and visitors.
"From pharmaceuticals and medical devices, and high-tech advanced manufacturing to conventional manufacturing, I am proud of the many products manufactured in New Jersey's Seventh District," said Lance at the event. "I would also like to thank the many Seventh District companies that all sent us products to display at the manufacturing showcase. All the products are testament to New Jersey's highly educated and highly skilled workforce."
Seventh District companies displaying products and materials include:
· The Kuhl Corp of Flemington,which employs 60,manufactures large commercial washing machines.
· Voltaix in Branchburg, which employs 131, manufactures chemicals for electronics.
· All State Legal in Cranford, which employs 200, manufactures a wide assortment of engraved letterhead, envelopes, business cards and die plates for the letterhead and many other paper related products.
· Bihler of Americaproduces cardiovascular operations needles for Johnson &Johnson sutures. Bihler of America in Phillipsburg employs 180.
· Ortho Clinical Diagnostics(a Johnson & Johnson affiliate) manufactures products that protect the blood supply. Located in Raritan,the company employs 969.