Rob and Jessica live in Albemarle County, Virginia, and their son Robbie attends public school. Jessica is a high school English teacher who is currently taking time off to raise Robbie and Evie.
As delegate, Rob regularly visits our schools to talk with students. He has taught more than 1,000 students about civics and how laws are made. Rob has also sponsored local students as pages in the Virginia General Assembly and others have served as interns in his legislative office.
Like any parent, Rob understands the importance of student safety. He has written new laws that:
* Ban criminal sex offenders from schools during school hours (HB 984 -- 2006)
* Require schools to establish bullying prevention programs (HB 2266 -- 2005)
* Require schools to notify parents when a child is a victim of a crime at school (HB 2266 -- 2005)
* Require additional background checks for school teachers (HB 1242 -- 2008)
* Ban criminal sex offenders from school activities and school buses (HB 2066 -- 2011)
* Address "cyberbullying" by treating threats sent by "texting" the same as threats made by phone (HB 2059 -- 2011)
- See more at: http://www.robbellforag.com/issues/promoting-safer-better-schools/#sthash.7gPmHX3n.dpuf