House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa today announced the subcommittee Chairmen for the 113th Congress.
"Each of the subcommittee Chairmen selected for the 113th Congress has demonstrated a dedication to the Committee's mission of establishing a more efficient, transparent and solvent federal government," said Issa. "The American people have a right to expect that their tax dollars are being used responsibly and judiciously. We owe it to them to seek out waste, fraud and abuse and hold those responsible for mismanagement accountable. This team is dedicated to working tirelessly on behalf of the American people to create a more efficient federal government that better serves taxpayers."
The subcommittee chairmen will lead the following five panels:
· Federal Workforce, U.S. Postal Service and the Census: Rep. Blake Farenthold (TX-27)
· Government Operations: Rep. John Mica (FL-07)
· National Security: Rep. Jason Chaffetz (UT-03)
· Economic Growth, Job Creation and Regulatory Affairs: Rep. Jim Jordan (OH-04)
· Energy Policy, Health Care and Entitlements: Rep. James Lankford (OK-05)