No challenge is greater than how we create and keep jobs in New Mexico. I will work to eliminate unfair tax breaks for big, out-of-state corporations and use that money to support small businesses and provide tax relief for hard working families.
* Create new opportunities for small businesses to find the credit they need to grow and create jobs
* Eliminate sweetheart tax-loopholes that favor big, out-of-state corporations at the expense of New Mexico small businesses making it harder for them to compete and create local careers
* Reform the state tax code so that it rewards hard work, and incentivizes small business growth
* Reduce taxes on working families and New Mexico based small businesses by rolling back the 2003 tax give away to those making over $250,000 a year.
* Oppose any efforts to reinstate the regressive, anti-family state tax on food and medicine.