Carl supports legislation insuring adequate resources to help all students achieve high standards.
Carl is working to ensure our public schools have the funding they need to offer high quality education, keep class sizes down, and retain excellent teachers.
Carl believes in innovation in education and supports charter schools but is opposed to funding them by taking money from the local public school system. For this reason, Carl supports a moratorium on new Charter Schools until their effectiveness and the current state funding formula can be studied.
Carl will continue to fight for education reform that includes additional resources targeted to:
* Early childhood (pre-kindergarten) education
* Lowering class size
* Increasing teacher salaries
* Remedial programs for students whose MCAS results are poor
* Full-day kindergarten
* Alternative educational programs for disruptive students
* Poorer school districts with the lowest per-pupil expenditures