Klein has a proven and established record for protecting the most vulnerable and ensuring that the health, welfare and safety of children, women and seniors remain a top priority. His accomplishments include:
* Authored the law that eliminated the statute of limitations on rape charges.
* Alerting residents of New York State public housing when a high level sex offender reports a change of address to a location within a public housing facility.
* Allowing for victims of domestic violence to provide alternative address for their health insurance statements so their location is unidentifiable by their abuser.
* Expanded Elderly Pharmaceutical Insurance Coverage Program (EPIC) -- increasing cheaper prescription drug access for thousands of seniors.
* Created stricter elder abuse tracking and reporting requirements statewide.