* Chairman Dreier, Ranking Member Slaughter, and Members of the Committee on Rules:
* Thank you for allowing to me to speak in support of the RICHARDSON Amendments to H.R. 4078, the Regulatory Freeze for Jobs Act of 2012.
* The Richardson Amendments are common-sense amendments that ensure that the federal government can provide basic protections for its most vulnerable citizens.
* The amendments allow for the government to take significant regulatory action when the unemployment rate is above six percent when those actions are intended for the following purposes:
* To protect senior citizens from abuse and neglect in nursing homes;
* To protect senior citizens facing foreclosure on their principle residence;
* To properly implement healthcare reform;
* To enforce the consumer protections promised under the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and
* To ensure that veterans receive their promised benefits.
* The purpose of H.R. 4078 is to boost the economy in times of high unemployment, and my amendments will inspire consumer confidence and protect vulnerable populations.
* I thank Chairman Dreier, Ranking Member Slaughter, and Members of the Rules Committee for allowing me to speak on my amendments to the Regulatory Freeze for Jobs Act.
* I urge the Rules Committee to make the Richardson Amendments in order. Thank you.