Indiana State Treasurer and U.S. Senate Candidate Richard Mourdock reacted to the Supreme Court's decision today on ObamaCare and called for a complete repeal.
"I am disappointed in the Court's ruling today that ObamaCare can stand as a massive tax on Americans. ObamaCare will add trillions to our national debt, deter future job growth, and force thousands of individuals out of their existing health care coverage. The choice in the upcoming election couldn't be clearer.
"Congressman Joe Donnelly voted to pass ObamaCare and continues to support it. I will vote to repeal ObamaCare and replace it with real reforms that put patients and doctors in charge, create more choices for consumers and actually drive down the cost of health care," stated Treasurer Mourdock.
Mourdock then voiced his support for the following market-oriented reforms to health care:
* Make health care expenses and health insurance 100% tax deductible
* Create more choices through market reforms, including the ability to purchase insurance across state lines
* Aggressive medical malpractice and legal reform
* Preserve and protect Medicare through patient-doctor choice, not government cuts that deny seniors services
ObamaCare's negative effects on Hoosiers and Indiana jobs
* An unelected board of 15 bureaucrats having the ability to deny health care to senior citizens
* Cuts Medicare by $500 billion dollars to pay for the government's takeover of private health care
* Job-killing medical device tax that threatens a $10 billion Hoosier industry and 20,000 Indiana jobs
* Violates religious conscience: 43 Catholic organizations -- including the University of Notre Dame -- have sued the U.S. Dept. of HHS over mandates regarding contraception that conflict with the moral teachings of those organizations
* Hurts small business growth by arbitrarily deciding how tax credits are awarded and penalties assessed when owners provide health care to their employees