Congressman Cory Gardner's (R-CO) package of domestic energy production legislation, H.R. 4480, received final approval from the House today. The package of seven bills enjoyed bipartisan support in the House, and now Gardner is calling on the United States Senate to consider the legislation.
"There is no reason for the United States Senate not to consider the Domestic Energy and Jobs Act and send it to President Obama's desk this summer," Gardner said. "The seven bills in this package provide an opportunity for job growth and energy security. These bipartisan pieces of legislation make sure that we move forward on oil and gas development in the western United States and on federal lands, and that we take steps to ensure our nation relies on American made energy, provided by American jobs."
The package will not only reduce energy costs that hard-working families and small businesses currently face, but also spur badly-needed economic growth and job creation. Gardner's bill linking a drawdown of the Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) to increasing oil and gas leases on federal land is a pillar of the Domestic Energy and Jobs Act.
H.R. 4480, the Domestic Energy and Jobs Act, passed the House with bipartisan support 248 to 163.
Bills Included in Domestic Energy and Jobs Act:
· Strategic Energy Production Act of 2012, H.R. 4480 (Rep. Cory Gardner, CO-4)
· Gasoline Regulations Act of 2012, H.R. 4471 (Rep. Ed Whitfield, KY-1):
· Planning for American Energy Act of 2012, H.R.4381 (Rep. Scott Tipton, CO-3)
· Providing Leasing Certainty for American Energy Act of 2012, H.R 4382 (Rep. Mike Coffman, CO-6)
· Streamlining Permitting of American Energy Act of 2012, H.R. 4383 (Rep. Doug Lamborn, CO-5)
· National Petroleum Reserve Alaska Access Act, H.R. 2150 (Rep. "Doc" Hastings, WA-4)
· BLM Live Internet Auctions Act, H.R. 2752 (Rep. Bill Johnson, OH-6)