In order for us to attract great minds, and retain our great citizens we must fix the funding formula, while making education affordable, and provide the schools the resources they need so that we increase the intellectual capital that we have in Missouri placing ourselves in a position to compete with Illinois for not only people, but businesses. . Some ways in which we can innovate in the classroom are:
* Utilizing new learning innovations to engage students, educate them in the most effective manner.
* Ensure the safety of our kids not only in school, but to and from.
* Renew focus on afterschool activities that engage the students, and ignites their passion for learning.
* Ensure that safeguards are in place to protect the students from decisions that affect their learning.
* Compensate educators appropriately to create a pipeline of talent that wants to educate our students.