First and foremost, I believe that in America we should tax only consumption and not production. If we did this in Tennessee, just imagine what would happen to our economy! The PRIVATE SECTOR has created and would continue to create sustainable jobs if the government would get out of the way.
a. My Thoughts on Government and Business:
1. Government does not have any money except what it takes from you and me.
2. Government does not create jobs that generate revenue.
3. Government cannot sustain jobs.
4. Government's job is to protect its citizens, defend freedom and build roads - not to create jobs.
b. What Can Government Do To Help With The Creation of Jobs?
1. Release the tax burden on small businesses.
2. Regulations are out of control.
3. Give tax incentives to companies that are currently employing.
4. As your state representative, I will work with local officials and
industry executives to create an environment that will be attractive to everybody involved. This can be accomplished through county and local tax incentives and discounted utility rates. These incentives should be sustainable for several years for companies with 200 to 300 employees.
As your state representative, I will work vigorously to keep the industry that we do have and fight tirelessly to bring new industry in!!