The non-existent energy policy of the Obama administration is a leading contributor to the albatross around the neck of our economy. Under the Obama administration, the promised "all-of-the-above" strategy has turned into an "everything-except-what-works" strategy; this strategy plans to drive energy prices high enough to make green energy companies the only alternative option at the expense of average lower and middle class Americans.
To make matters worse, this administration has invested tens of billions of our tax dollars on failed green energy companies that also happen to be run by some of the President's largest campaign donors--crony capitalism at its worst. What should be an energy policy devoted to keeping energy prices affordable and to drive economic growth has turned into a means to push a green energy agenda. An agenda driven energy policy is no way to fuel the engine of the American economy.
If we are to remain a prosperous country, America must demand a real "all of the above" strategy that explores multiple sources of energy production to include:
As a member of Congress, I will work for
* Expanding domestic drilling to tap into America's vast oil reserves
* Expanding the use of clean coal and natural gas
* The complete elimination of our dependency on foreign sources of energy
* Encouraging the free market to explore viable alternative energy sources of the future
* Reducing the burden that near record high energy prices place on household budgets