* Responsible Energy Development - Monica supports the responsible development of Montana's natural resources to promote our nation's energy independence and create jobs in communities across the state.
* Affordable & Reliable Energy -- Monica fought for a state energy policy that maintains affordable, reliable power for Montana's citizens and businesses, and promotes economic growth in new energy technology fields.
* Renewable Energy -- Monica promoted and supported the rural economic development of renewable energy by requiring utilities to obtain a portion of their energy supply from renewable energy such as wind power.
* Ethanol -- Monica fought for and supported legislation to encourage economic development in rural communities through the production of ethanol, by adding this value-added agricultural product to gasoline.
* LIHEAP -- Monica resisted deep cuts proposed by President Bush to the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) and supported an increase in state funding to ensure Montana families would be warm in the winter.